Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home!

Hi girlfriends!
I am so glad to tell you I am home. After feeling pretty miserable and exhausted on Thursday, and having tests on Friday, I was so glad today when they said I could go home!

They really did not find a specific problem. Friday night nurse indicated she thought I looked probable for a urinary tract infection, but nothing cultured in the test. They also thought I had contagious antiobiotic induced bug called that causes diarrhea, so I was moved to a different floor and labeled "isolation" in a private room on Friday. (The good part of this was the private room and that my friend, Joni, was my nurse yesterday and today.) This also meant that anyone who touched me or any of my things, needed to be gowned and gloved to protect the spread of my germs within the hospital. Late Friday night they determined I did not have this bug. My Ct scan and chest xray were ok as well. The only thing I can come up with is that I had the same 24-hour flu that Zac had on Weds/Thursday.

I am still very tired, although tonight I am having a hard time sleeping. I would ask for your specific girlfriend prayer for difficulty I am having with incontinence. It has improved since Thursday am, but is still an issue. I am assuming as I become more rested it will get back to normal, but am asking God for it not to take a long time. I also need prayer for the whole digestive tract thing to start again and work smoothly. I was on clear liquids only during the time in the hospital (other than the lovely barium drink for the ct scan ; ) so I am beginning back at square one on the eating again and feeling VERY burpy. I am doing well with pain at the moment, and only taking tylenol so hopefully this will be a plus rather than the narcotic slow down of the last two surgeries.

I need to say a BIG thanks to friend and nurse JR whose 9 pm visit on Weds night alerted me to the fact that my thermometer was not working and that I was really much sicker than I realized. God worked out the timing of her calling me and I am very thankful that she stopped.

I am really sorry I did not feel good enough on Wednesday to post about my hair highlighting on Tuesday night. I will try to write a little about that tomorrow.

Thanks for your continued prayers, and concern. They mean so much! Goodnight.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I praise God for your healing!
Will continue to pray. And, I am jealous of the teal highlights! They are awesome. What great friends you have in the homeschool group!
J

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as always! Praying that God will give you increased
strength, endurance and ability to
eat again! I'm so priviledged to call you my friend!
Love you!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hey there -- just getting on here (late Sunday night) and glad to know you are officially home! I know that Zac is excited too, as he posted that on his Facebook. For a 15 year old to post that says something! :) You know teens now days, nothing is a big deal or offical unless its on FB, so you made the cut! haha. Will be praying for you, although I never thought I would be praying for your bowels, but if thats the need, I am on it!!
love you and you are in my thoughts, as always!

xoxoxoxoxMarcie

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and that you are feeling a bit better. Just a hint on the guts issues...I have found that taking an acidophilus pill for a day or two seems to help get things back to normal fairly well. (Info from your elderly friend:)

Martha