Sunday, March 21, 2010

one day at a time


This weekend has been good. It was a real answer to prayer to be able to see Zac in his variety show performance - and a double blessing to watch him both nights! Thanks to LH for the wheel chair which made it much more doable than sitting on a folding chair. I went to church today, and enjoyed worship time, and also seeing so many who are praying for me.
I have my appt tomorrow am at 9:15 to get staples out and hear the biopsy reports. The reports are back, as the doctor called Fri pm to talk with me but I had left for Zac's performance. So I will talk with him tomorrow. I have waited for this day for 10 days, plus really all the time since I found out there was cancer on Feb 26. But after all this waiting and anticipation, I have very mixed feelings. I want to have it over, but I don't really want to hear it either. My friend Sofia gave me her strong "One Day at at Time" talk this am, so that was a good reminder to not let myself get overwhelmed with the big picture. The big picture seems really BIG at the moment and I can feel the emotion sitting right at the top of my throat. (and running down my cheeks)I would appreciate your prayers that I can make it through this appt without becoming an emotional basket case. I want to not be terrified and discouraged, but it is not going to be possible in my own strength. I would appreciate your asking God to be very real and present with me & James during this appt time and that we would have a strong awareness of his presence. Thanks.

Thanks for letting me write to you here. It is helpful to me to "talk" in this way. Thanks for your uplifting prayers. They are helping hold me together.

Just had a good phone conversation with my sister about God's sovereignty, and feel encouraged by the words she shared. God continues to minister to me through others at just the right moments!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Josh 1:9

Verse of the day on Bible Gateway:
“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”- Jeremiah 17:7-8


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your back girl! Praying for you (and james) in so many ways and for so many things! To know so many love you is incredible!
Glad you got to go to church today and worship our God is great! I hope that was a true encouragement for you!
I love you and am waiting with you for what great things HE has in store for you -- He will never leave you or forsake you!
xoxoxoxM

Anonymous said...

Praying for you my dear friend!
I can not begin to understand the
emotions you must feel and
yet, stand confident that the Lord,
our God IS HEARING ALL OF THE PRAYERS FOR YOU, James and your family.

It is by Him, through Him and IN
Him that we can find our Hope.
May Jesus give you and James peace,
unity, love, and refuge as you go to your appt. tomorrow!
Love to you!Laurie

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0sDKqNJ8g&feature=related

Dont know if you will be able to load this from this site or if you can cut and paste to your internet, but I love love love this song and hope that it will be an encouragement for you! I do believe NOTHING is impossible for Him and that HE is our portion, healter and all we need!! As I listen to this song I dedicate it to our Healing God and you, my dear sweet sister friend!
xoxoxoxoxM

Tricia said...

I am glad you had such a good weekend. I am praying for you today. At this point, you are either on your way to the office or waiting to see the doctor. That is when the fears and nerves always got the best of me. I am pryaing that won't happen to you. No matter what you learn today at the doctor, God is not surprised. He knew what this day would hold before you knew this day would come. Trust Him to do what is best for you. I wish I was there to hug you and walk you through this. Blessings.