Late update
This is Stephanie again. I spent the evening with Natalie at the hospital, as James needed to be out in the field. By the way her room is 604 - not 606. I apologize to Cheryl Mastin and the older gentleman staying in 606 that she walked in on tonight.
I wish the rest of my posting could be light-hearted. However, this evening was very hard for my sister. Her fever was still high this evening (202.6 at one point) and she was extremely uncomfortable with pressure in her upper abdomen and the chills/sweats of a fever. They did give her some tylenol at 7:00 and it seemed to be making a difference
She is asking for prayer that her fever will break and that they will find out what is causing it. Pray also that no further surgeries will be necessary - that is a big fear for her right now. Hopefully the morning will bring renewed hope, lab results, and answers to some of Natalie's questions.
Also, Natalie is extremely tired and is asking for no visitors at this time. Tonight she could hardly keep her eyes open and seemed worn out during our conversations, so rest and quiet are imperative as she trys to regain some strength.
Please feel free to text her as she does have her phone and can read the messages as she feels up to it.
Thank you so much for your earnest prayers for my sister. She was so miserable tonight, my heart broke for her.
Tomorrow my mother will be with her during the day at the hopsital, so she will not be alone.
I will post something or send an email when she gets her labs or an update from the doctor.
Stephanie
2 comments:
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
Jn 14:27
Praying earnestly.
((Hugs))
Thanks for the updates Stephanie...we're grateful to you for keeping us informed, so we know how to pray for Natalie & Family.
Please pass along to Natalie that the Infectious Disease Specialist Dr. Penn is EXCELLENT. I hope she won't need him, but he did a lot of work with my Dad when he was ill and he will not rest until he gets to the bottom of Natalie's fever/possible infection. She is in good hands at Methodist. ~Peace~ Christy
Post a Comment