Friday, March 12, 2010



I want to share a mask that Zac made this week for English class. I thought it was to be Shakespearian, but he signed up for creative category, and made this mask. (The colors dont' show very well here, but he used teal, the official color of ovarian cancer.) I will share what the pieces of paper say with you...
Cancer is a word not a sentence.

Hope

I wear Teal for my mom

So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Is 41:10

Cancer stinks

Beat it!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." Winston Churchill

Support

Faith makes things possible, not easy.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.



Not sure how soon I will post again here, but thanks for the love you have share with me this week...it means SO much to me.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

What a creative "fleshing out" of his feelings with the mask... We all know you will be "fighting like a woman!"

Your hairstyle is gorgeous!

Love you so much,
T

Tricia said...

I love it! I am praying for you now and will be praying all day. Hugs.

Jodi Blick said...

Wow! Very cool way for a son to show love and support for his mom!

And I agree with Teresa, you look beautiful with your "new do"!

Praying for you right now as you head into surgery! We love you!!!!
Jodi

Anonymous said...

I love your the new hairstyle! Shorter is a huge help when you're in the recovery process so I think you will come to love it as well. I have been praying for you throughout the day as well. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and the precious mask and words from Zac. It is a very precious gift to have a child who's not afraid to express himself and not afraid to show emotion through his writing and art. You will cherish these in the days ahead.

Remember that we're here for you, Natalie, and that we all love you very much!

Martha

Anonymous said...

Natlie~Its the day after surgery and I'm hoping this is finding you pain free and at rest.

I really love your new hairstyle...it reminds me of how your wore it when Eliza was a baby.

Zac's expression of his feelings is so moving...what a blessing that he is finding ways to share his love and concern for his Mom.

We'll keep praying for you~Love, Christy