Thursday, March 11, 2010

OK I won't say where I am while typing this, but suffice it to say surgery prep is well underway. I will go to the hospital between 10:30 & 11 tomorrow. Overall, I am ready. As if ready really means you are. If I can have an IV in the first try I will be so happy, but I am not holding my breath. Would definitely appreciate your prayers for the IV. I know I will have many ahead of me, but this one will be in place awhile, so a good location would be helpful!

If you would like to see my new hair style, you can click onto the profile for a photo. I had a emotional meltdown this afternoon about the cut - but I think it was emotions gathered from pre-surgery tension - not the cut itself. Thankfully God knew what was happening, and K. called just then. She prayed for me, and I was able to draw on His strength instead of melting down further. Thanks,K. Tonight I had so much time with nothing to do while I was in the bathroom that I colored my hair, and then styled it. It doesn't look as good as the stylist did it, but it will be easy, and can be worn wavy air dry if needed, so that is great.

I want to share a note written in a card I received today from a quilting friend. It was another gift God sent at the right time. I will close with it, after the scriptures I am claiming. Thanks for covering me with prayer tomorrow and claiming these verses with me.

Josh 1:9,
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


Ps. 44:3 It was not by their sword that they won the land,
nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
and the light of your face, for you loved them.

II Cor 12: 9 & 10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot eat away peace
It cannot destroy confidence
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot shut out memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot reduce eternal life
It cannot quench the spirit
It cannot lessen the POWER of the RESURRECTION.

Thank you, God for the power of the cross over death, and for your power in my life, even when I feel at my very weakest.

No comments: