Thursday, April 8, 2010

thanks for your prayers

I want to thank you all for your prayers as I have been in the decision making mode the last couple of weeks. I have felt God's direction, and his peace as the appointment and choice are behind me now. I have posted a rather lengthy post on CaringBridge.org website name: nsn which will give you the details of my choice and upcoming chemotherapy.

Tonight I am hopeful to repeat last night's sleep without sweating. I can't explain why being hot, cold, and damp is so interruptive to good sleep, but it is. Appreciate those girlfriend prayers for no hot flashes, no night sweats. Also, while we are talking about prayers, I have started a little book of things I will be praying for when I can't sleep, while I have chemo, and when I am talking with God about life. So far, I have a number of other people who are dealing with health issues, and a few other specifics, but I would love to be praying for my girlfriend's needs - just as they are praying for me. So please let me know what I can pray for you and your family. Send me an email or let me know via phone. I will write it down so I can remember even in days ahead (in what is called chemo fog)

I still want to post about the teal hair and add a picture. Watch for it... Goodnight!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Natalie.. while I was doing my nightly prayers and devotions I was led to share this particular one with you..it is from Daily Readings by C.H. Spurgeon:

'For there stood by me this night the angel of God' Acts 27:23

If we fear the Lord, we may look for timely interpositions when our case is at its worst. Angels are not kept from us by storms, or hindered by darkness. Seraphs think it no humiliation to visit the poorest of the heavenly family. If angels' visits are few and far between at ordinary times, they shall be frequent in our nights of tempest and tossing. Is this an hour of distress with you? Then ask for peculiar help. Jesus is the angel of the covenant, and if His presence be now earnestly sought, it will not be denied.

'O angel of my God, be near
Amid the darkness hush my fear:
Loud roars the wild tempestuous sea,
Thy presence, Lord, shall comfort me.'

In Christ,

Kay