Wednesday, April 28, 2010

day two followup

Thanks for your prayers yesterday. The administration of the chemo went smoothly - much better than I had been thinking. Overall, it was quite uneventful. Took a couple tries to access the port (which is numbed by a topical cream), but after that is was just like receiving an IV. I didn't have cramping like I was told is possible, and I praise God for that.

Today is going ok. I am not nauseous, but have some reflux issues. I feel in general today like I have the flu. Kinda achey, stiff, and tired. Nurse said tomorrow might be similar - or a little bit worse than today. I seem to be able to eat and drink in small amounts so hopefully I will be able to keep that up. I also learned how to administer an IV bag from home health.

I can feel some puffiness from the steroids in my face as well. Overall, no big issues so I am thankful for that and know it is the result of many prayers.

Naptime now....
N

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Good to hear. Take care of yourself! We will keep praying. :)